Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Beautiful Bell Center

While in my past blogs I have talked about the many different places to sit down and enjoy yourself on Trinity's campus, in this blog I would like to talk about one of the places where you can go on campus to be active yet still relax. This place is none other than the William H. Bell Center located in the center of lower campus. Not all people find working out or swimming or playing a pick up game of hoops relaxing but for some it is a time in which the can just forget about their worries and chill.

Bell Center Weight Room


Working out is one of the most relaxing things that I can think of. It is a time in which I can just go and lift and not have a care in the world. When I am in the gym whether it be the cardio room or the actual weight room in the Bell Center I fell liberated from all of my other responsibilities. It is a time where I can just go and take my time and listen to some music and lift. And, although physical exercise is involved, it still finds a way to help relax me. I know that others feel the same way because when I am in the weight room I usually see the same four or five faces of the some people in there day in and day out.

Hixon Pool inside Bell Athletic Center
Another one of the great places in the Bell Center to go and relax in is the pool area. I know that personally, after a long day studying and taking tests, being able to go and relax in a pool is one of the best feelings. The pool in the Bell Center not only has a swimming area but also has a few diving boards on which you can jump. The pool is always a nice temperature so it is perfect for the winter and the summer and it can be enjoyed by any trinity student at certain hours of the day.

One of the other places that are so conveniently provided for us in the Bell Center are the many basket ball courts. There are two different gyms with at least one court in them. There is Sam's Gym which is the main basketball court where the mens and women's teams play and there is Webster's Gym which is almost always open to students. In these gyms students can just go and relax and play some games of horse or any type of basket ball game that they would like. There are usually many nets down so that they can fit as many people that usually want to play at one time. I know that from personal experience there is always a court open and it always nice to get away from studying for a little while and just play a pick up games with some friends.

So overall the Bell Athletic Center is a great place to go and relax if some form of exercise is the way that you choose to relax. It has many different forms of entertainment and is open for a good portion of the day so it is always accessible for students.

No comments:

Post a Comment